Teaching Options & Payment Plans:
I offer private individual lessons, private lessons on a semester plan, and individual or group lessons for your organization.
- Individual Lessons: Lessons are offered as one hour, 45 minute, and 30 minute periods. Individual lessons will be available when I have an open time slot.
- Payment is due at the time of the lesson. Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise the full fee will be due.
- Please contact me concerning your group, school, or organization lessons.
Read more about Information about Lessons, my Teaching Philosophy and my Experience as a Teacher.
- Student Cancellations and make-ups:
- Individual lessons must be cancelled by the student at least 24 hours in advance in order to avoid being charged for the lesson time.
- Students may make up one private lesson per semester, provided that you notify me at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time. The make-up time will be scheduled for a mutually agreed-upon date and time.
- Teacher Absence:
- If I must cancel a lesson due to professional obligations, illness, or emergencies, I will attempt to make up that lesson with you at a mutually agreed-upon time.
- If I have any schedule conflicts at the start of the semester, your lesson fee will be prorated accordingly. The new fee and schedule will be reflected in your contract.
- In case of inclement weather, please call to see if I am teaching; I do not follow public school closings.
- Student Requirements:
- Practice: Aim for 5 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes each practice session (beginner practice times may be less). As we work, you will learn a routine of warm-ups, technical exercises and repertoire study. Remember, you are programming new thoughts and muscle coordinations that require practice. Quality is more important than quantity; if your time is limited, do some focused vocal exercises for 10 minutes. Remember, the regularity and quality of your practice has everything to do with your improvement as a singer.
- Students should arrive on time with all their current music and a recording device, if needed. (While always useful, a recording device is not necessary if the student possesses solid keyboard skills and has a piano with which to practice.)
- Practice materials: Students should have access to a pitch producing instrument (preferably a piano or keyboard) for obtaining starting pitches for exercise and learning music. If necessary, a pitch pipe will suffice. Students are responsible for purchasing their own books and should come with a notebook of staff paper for recording exercises and comments.
- Each semester, there will be one studio recital (students only) or full recital with invited guests (usually at the end of the year). Participation is optional, although strongly encouraged!